What's It About?

It’ll be about me, and you, and the ways that we are holding fast to the One Who is Good in big stuff and little stuff. I’ve been through stuff. You have too. Sometimes it’s been a rush, sometimes a jarring ride, and at times we ended up in the drink. I don’t know about you, but with the help of some friends, I’m in training to weather the ride by ”holding fast to that which is good”. The ride isn’t over, and I invite you along on the journey. I think too much, that’s all.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Status Whoa! 3.2.11

And we have a W-I-N-N-A-H! It was a great joy to keep tabs on the statuses that came across my newsfeed this week, looking for Status Go! Posts--there were more than I imagined there would be!



Status GO! Winner for this week is Timothy Stone, whose quote by Randy Alcorn crossed my newsfeed on 2.25.11. Actually, Timothy had several goodies, but I tried to choose the one that would be the clearest to an unbeliever. The status read:
From Randy Alcorn on FB.

There is an all-inclusiveness in the “all things” of Romans 8:28. “But surely not that horrible event… Not the cancer. Not the car accident. Does Romans 8:28 include suffering?” Actually, that’s exactly what it’s talking about—suffering. “All things” means “all things.” If God could not use something to contri...bute to the ultimate good of his child, then he will not permit it to happen

Congratulations to you Timothy! You get the "Status Whoa! Status GO! Award", for not hiding your light under one. I've posted your award on your FB wall!

Status Woe winner for this week:

God loves you and me!

Well, really? It's funny, because it was a question about who God loves that really put my understanding of the Doctrines of Grace (i.e. Calvinism) into high gear. A rather crusty sort of Calvinist fellow heard me say something similar to the above (it was "I know Jesus loves everybody"), and challenged me on it.

So...how can this be made better? Turn this into a Status Go!

God bless this week to...Hold Fast

3 comments:

  1. God loves you (Esther) and me (Lori) with a redeeming regenerating love...Better? Maybe not quite a status go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori; That's better than it was. How about thinking in terms of what an unbeliever would need to know about God's love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "rather crusty Calvinist." Hmmmm. I wonder who this is...I hope I am not considered crusty, though I am indeed calvinistic in my beliefs.

    ReplyDelete

I'm the Mom. Play nice. Don't make me come down there. The rules? The way to find out what they are is to break them.