What's It About?

It’ll be about me, and you, and the ways that we are holding fast to the One Who is Good in big stuff and little stuff. I’ve been through stuff. You have too. Sometimes it’s been a rush, sometimes a jarring ride, and at times we ended up in the drink. I don’t know about you, but with the help of some friends, I’m in training to weather the ride by ”holding fast to that which is good”. The ride isn’t over, and I invite you along on the journey. I think too much, that’s all.

Friday, August 27, 2010

On Being Single--Holding Fast

One of the roles from the sidebar that I have played in real life is that of weeping widow.  My husband was killed 12 years ago next month.  God has been faithful, but life has not been easy.  The following quote and link I found so explanatory, so encouraging, that I felt it worth posting here.  If you are not single and do not suffer the hunger Fabienne and I suffer, then you suffer some other hunger--so this article will be of encouragement to you, too.  Just substitute the name of your hunger for the one in the article.

Today, in order to worship God, my body needs to be hungry.  Today, He is giving me the blessed pain of hunger because it’s the only way I’m going to make it home, and He is nothing if not faithful to the promise to give me what I need to make it to Him.
Read the full article HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the Mom. Play nice. Don't make me come down there. The rules? The way to find out what they are is to break them.